Turns out Spring Break isn’t just for the kids after all! Grab your swim gear, slather on the sunscreen, and let’s party!
But wait, isn’t spring break supposed to be expensive?
Not at all…
Although the holiday might make you think of expensive airline tickets and hotel reservations, there are actually plenty of active and affordable ways to spend your Spring Break without breaking the bank. Before hitting the road make sure you check out these top tips to save on Spring Break this year, have a great time, and make some memories with the whole family.
Let’s have a look at a few of useful apps first.
- Hopper – Analyze information from thousands of flights with this flight price forecasting APP, simply plug in your date and destination and Hopper’s deep learning algorithm will try to estimate the cheapest time to buy your ticket.
- Tripit – Compile your travel itinerary in one convenient place, you can enter your travel costs and Tripit will automatically create a budget and saving plan for your holiday.
- Cool Cousin – Connect with local tour guides all around the world. Your local guide will happily show you around the city of your choice, give you an authentic (and hopefully cheaper) experience.
And now for a few saving rules in general…
- Don’t forget to check online!
It may seem obvious but don’t forget to look for deals on local restaurants and activities no matter where you end up, during peak holiday season all sorts of businesses love to begin advertising online and it’s the perfect time to find some bargains.
- Always Compare Prices!
Spring break is a competitive time in the tourism industry. Hundreds of companies will be fighting for your attention and business. Don’t forget to compare prices and if you get the chance, try speaking to customer support and playing companies against each other to find a better deal.
- Take advantage of last minute discounts!
The majority of people will tell you to book your holidays way in advance in order to secure the largest savings. However, if you aren’t the type to worry too much about where you’re going, you can wait until the last minute to find some fantastic savings and discounts on travel.
- Plan & Research everything
Somewhat counter intuitive to our last point, even if you are planning to leave the actual booking of your holiday till the last minute then it still might not be a terrible idea to research and plan possible vacation venues. Have kids? Find out what restaurants offer family or group meal discounts? Grandpa and Grandma coming along? Make sure you make full use of that seniors discount.
- Focus on yourself and not the kids!
Make sure to pick a destination that you and your spouse or friends are going to enjoy. Kids are easy to please and will be just as happy building sandcastles on a small scenic beach as they will be on a $2000+ trip to disneyland. Children are often happiest when their parents are happy too, pick somewhere that’s good fit for the grownups before giving into the whim of the kids.
The Vipon Team.